No one can say no to the pillow-y gnocchi pasta! Change things up from the traditional basil pesto when you substitute in cilantro for a strong kick. Pasta nights out are now pasta nights in.
- 3 potatoes
- 200 grams wheat flour (T55 unleavened)
- 1 egg
- salt (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 40 grams fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 grams pine nuts (crushed, + 2 tablespoons)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Bake the potatoes with the skin and peel them after slightly cooled.
- Mash potatoes in a bowl.
- Mix in the flour, egg, salt to taste, nutmeg and pepper, kneading well.
- On a floured board, form small rolls of dough. Add a little more flour to the dough if necessary, and cut them into pieces of about 2 cm in length.
- For the pesto, chop the cilantro leaves with the garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and cheese, using a food processor.
- Place in a pot with salted water on the heat and let boil, gradually adding the gnocchi, and leaving to cook.
- When they come to the surface, remove with a skimmer into a bowl.
- Keep the cooking water.
- Toast the two tablespoons of pine nuts in a frying pan and reserve.
- Dilute the pesto with a little of the cooking water (1 or 2 tablespoons) and cook the Gnocchis in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with more grated cheese at your taste.