Easy Frijoles Negro Tacos with Oregano, Garlic and Scallions
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano (save some for garnish)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- Corn tortillas
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Over medium high heat, heat olive oil in deep pan.
- Add garlic, stir, and let sweat for a couple of minutes, lowering heat if necessary. Be careful not to let it burn!
- At medium heat, add can of black beans (undrained) and water.
- Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, salt and pepper, apple cider vinegar and oregano sprigs (set aside a few leaves for garnish) and stir. Let cook for 15-20 minutes over medium low heat or until beans have developed a thick sauce. If it starts to look dry, add a splash of water.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas in a pan or in a microwave.
- When beans are done, remove the oregano sprigs and discard.
- Scoop beans onto the tortillas.
- Squeeze lime over the beans and add the chopped scallions. Add a few dashes of hot sauce and a a few leaves of oregano to garnish.