Lemon Balm Bundt Cake is moist with a delicate herbal citrus flavor. Best made when you have some helpers to assist with eating. You’ve been warned.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh lemon balm leaves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease and flour one 6-cup bundt pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter, lemon balm, and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture in three additions, alternately with buttermilk in two additions, mixing on low speed until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- If using one 6-cup pan, bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust top with confectioners sugar if desired. You can also garnish with fresh lemon balm leaves.