A slightly unusual combination of two summer favorites come together in this crowd pleasure. Not sure about adding the basil? Neither were we. But give it a shot – we think you’ll be impressed 😉
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- Sweetened whipped cream or creme fraiche, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and gradually beat in milk.
- Add lime zest, juice and egg yolks. Beat until blended but do not overblend. Stir in basil.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.