They say that everything’s better on a stick…so we turned the popular ice cream flavor into a popsicle! Bring the ice cream parlor home this summer with homemade popsicles. The infused coconut milk base is just oh so sweet and creamy!
- 2 2/3 cups full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- peppermint extract to taste
- food coloring (optional)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Combine coconut milk and fresh mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat for 5 minutes, until bubbles appear around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and let steep 20 minutes.
- Strain infused coconut milk through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on the mint with the back of a spoon.
- Whisk in sugar, salt, peppermint extract, and food color (2 drops green, 1 drop blue) until smooth. Let mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and chill for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Stir chopped chocolate into mixture and fill popsicle molds, leaving a 1/2-inch of space at the top of each mold.
- Freeze for about an hour, then insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.