Do you have a bunch of strawberries lying around and don’t know what to do with them? Why not try making your very own strawberry jam? Fresh, simple, and surprisingly easy to make. You only need 3 ingredients – Yup! Just 3! Here they are:
Ingredients for Strawberry Jam
- 16 oz strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
How to Make Strawberry Jam
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, mix strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Stir over medium-low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a rolling boil.
- Stir frequently and mash the strawberries as you do so. Continue to boil until the jam has thickened and the surface of the jam is completely covered in bubbles (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer jam to a jar and let cool to room temperature.
- Seal jar and store in the refrigerator for about 10 days (or freeze).
Love strawberries as much as we do? Why not check out our Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe or Strawberry Shortcake Recipe while you’re here? Or if you’re ready to dive in and start growing your own, our Mini Fruit & Veggie kit (coming soon!) has everything you need.