Warning. Best prepared when you have company. It’s just safer that way…
Servings: 24 squares
- 7 ounces, weight (7oz) Dark (good Quality, Couverture) Chocolate
- ½ pounds, ⅞ ounces, weight 1 Cup Butter
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, Packed
- 1-⅓ cup Plain Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ⅓ cups Cocoa Powder
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1-¾ cup Brown Sugar, Loosley Packed
- Chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Lightly grease a 20cm (8-inch) square pan.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and chop the butter into cubes. Place in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Pulse the basil and the brown sugar together in a food processor.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and basil.
- Pour over the cooled chocolate and butter mixture and mix well until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle chopped almonds on top.
- Place in the oven for around 50 minutes or until the brownie has set (start checking at around 40 minutes).
- Cool in pan for around 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack. Cut into slices.