Though we do love a good roasted peach for dessert, they can also be served for breakfast or as sides. The recipe will even work with unripe peaches, because the baking process will sweeten the fruit. Never let another peach go to waste again.
- 4 peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each peach in half and carefully twist them apart. Use a spoon to gently remove the stone.
- Pull the tender tips from the end of the rosemary and set aside. Place the rosemary sprigs in the bottom of a roasting dish.
- Place the peach halves on top, with the cut side facing up.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the peaches, then carefully pour the water around the peaches.
- Place the roasting dish in the oven and roast for 25 minutes until peaches are soft and a thick syrup has collected in the bottom of the dish.
- To serve, spoon over a little syrup, add a spoonful of cream and a garnish of fresh rosemary. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt if desired.