Best enjoyed in summer, when tomatoes are at their peak, but if you’ve got some fresh Globe Basil growing on your window sill we say use it! Sun dried tomatoes would also work well, if fresh is out of season.
- Shell pasta for 2
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Half an onion, sliced thin.
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp chopped globe basil
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to directions
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the onion and mushrooms in a sauté pan with the olive oil over medium to high heat.
- When the onion is translucent and the pepper tender add the tomatoes. Turn the heat to medium low.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to your sauté pan, mix with the vegetables and add basil and salt.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.