Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
1 Large Zucchini (yields 2 cups zoodles)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
For Basil Pesto Sauce
2 cups basil leaves
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or vegan parmesan cheese
1/2 cup walnuts, pecans, toasted sunflower seeds or pine nuts
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes
- Trim the edges of the Zucchini and using a spiralizer or spiral grater, convert the zucchini into noodles and keep aside.
- In a food processor add basil leaves, walnut, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and pulse until finely chopped. Add the olive oil little at a time while the food processor is on. Scrape off the sides with a spatula and add parmesan cheese. Pulse until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the zucchini noodles with basil pesto dressing and serve immediately.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and basil if needed.
- To cook the noodles if needed, heat a skillet and add the zucchini zoodles. Sautee for about a minute on medium-low heat.
- For Vegans: Parmesan cheese can be substituted with 1/2 cup sweet onion.